Sunday, May 6, 2012

Last week I ventured back out to Pat & Gary's house.  Thank goodness for public transportation. I was able to take a bus that brought me close to them and only took 1 1/2 hours! But the ride wasn't bad - there's some beautiful landscape to look at during the trip. I met two of their friends, conveniently both named Cathy. Or maybe it's Kathy. Or one of each. Not sure. The food, wine and company were all great! It was so nice to sit around a table of friends and enjoy the evening.






This vegetable was termed "grass" all night but it would be great to know it's real name. Anyone? It was really good.












This week marks my last full week with the Santori Family. While I'm still returning to NYC on May 25, there's been a slight change of plans. Thanks to the generosity and support of great friends, I'm heading to Tuscany to spend the last 10 days. While the experience here has been, let's say, interesting, I needed a break from living here and taking some time to just....be. I'm looking forward to it!

However the last week here has been great given it's been in the low 70's with clear skies. I've managed to get to the beach about 5 times! I can see how the summer here is a lot more fun.


I arrive in the Tuscany area next Tuesday and then head to Barcelona that weekend for the Bruce Springsteen concert. From the reviews I've read, it's sure to be an amazing concert! And I still have an extra ticket if anyone wants to visit for the weekend! Hotel and ticket already paid for. :)

After that, back in Tuscany for a few more days before heading back home. It's crazy to think in just over 2 weeks, I'll be back. But after a few months I'm sure I'll be thinking of another place to venture off to. Suggestions welcome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment